Pupil & Parent Voice about Safety at OGPS?
What do pupils and parents say about safety at OGPS?
|Parent Survey Results July 2022||Pupil Survey Results October 2022|
|My child is happy at this school 97% AGREE (3% stated-Don't Know)||Is OGPS a caring school? 96% YES|
|My child feels safe at this school 100% AGREE||Do you feel safe at school? 93% YES|
|The school make sure its pupils are well behaved 95% AGREE (5% stated-Don't Know)||Is there an adult you can go to if you have problems? 91% YES|
|The school responds well to any concerns I raise 94% AGREE |
The school supports my child's wider personal development 93% AGREE
What do our pupils have to say about Oliver Goldsmith Primary School....
When asked about their views on safety at school, here is what a group of children from reception to year six told some governors...
Q: How safe do you feel at school, with 1 being not safe and 10 being very safe?
A: "10, 9, 10, 10 , 10, 10, 10, 10, 10"
Q: How safe do you feel in our classroom, with 1 being not safe and 10 being very safe?
A: "10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 , 10, 10"
Q: How safe do you feel in the playground, with 1 being not safe and 10 being very safe?
A: "9, 9, 10, 9, 8, 9, 10, 8, 9"
Q: Why didn't you choose 10 for the playground?
A: "You can get hurt outside, sometimes people fall over or have accidents, sometimes you might get hit by someone playing with some equipment".
Q: How do you learn at school about staying safe?
- A: "In assemblies, we know that if we are sad or see someone sad we should tell an adult or talk to a peer mentor."
- A: "If you are hurt, tell a teacher or adult, Mrs. Dean or Mr. Simmons, they will help you".
- A: "If you fall down, people help you to get you and take you to welfare."
- A: "Our ICT teacher tells us how to be safe on computers by not sharing our names or details."
- A: "We should stay away from dangerous stuff like fires."
Q: Who can you talk to in the school if you have a problem?
- A: "Any member of staff or Mr. Simmons."
- A: "Teachers, adults or other member of staff."
- A: "Lunchtime teachers will help you if you have a problem."
Q: Is bullying a problem in the school?
- A: "No, its not a problem, we don't have bullies here. We do have anti-bullying week which tells everyone not to bully."
- A: "We know to tell a teacher t make it better if we do have a problem."
Q: Any other comments you would like to make about feeling safe at OGPS: (taken from Oct 2022 survey)
- This school is very caring and every teacher makes sure we are sensible.
- Everyone is really supportive so it is an amazing place to go to.
- I feel as if the school is already a very safe environment and we do not need to use extra measures to keep children safe.
- The school has safe equipment and the teachers are very caring.
- I like our school a lot.