Learning Adventures for Inspirational & Memorable Moments!
Each year we hold three learning adventures to create inspiring and memorable moments for our children. You can see photographs of them in action and the outcomes in the gallery section.
What is a Learning Adventure & Why do we have them?
- To create memorable moments to inspire the school community.
- To involve the pupils in planning for an outcome.
- To help the pupils learn about the process of learning.
- To enable leaders to become learners and learners to become leaders.
- To enable children to work with others across phase and year groups.
- To enable pupils to set their own learning targets and evaluate their own progress.
- To provide enriched, fun, creative, relevant and challenging experiences.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to develop leadership skills, confidence, independence and resilience.
- To provide opportunities for pupils to develop creativity and problem-solving in real life situations.
- To provide an integrated, creative and fun curriculum.
- To provide rich opportunities for English language development.
- To promote links with the local and wider community.
Here is a summary of what we have been up to...
Our learning adventures continue to be linked to our curriculum which focus on STEAM subjects!
- Autumn 2019 - "Design Future!" for Technology & Engineering
- Spring 2020 - "Let it Grow!" for Science
- Summer 2020 - TO BE ANNOUNCED!
This year, our learning adventures are linked to our new curriculum which focus on STEAM subjects!
- Autumn 2018 - "Lights, Camera, Action!" for Technology & Engineering
- Spring 2019 - "Let it Grow!" for Science
- Summer 2019 - "OG Entrepreneurs!" for Maths
- See the results here... OG Entrepreneurs Learning Adventure Summer 2019 for website.pdf
- Read the parents feedback here...OG Entrepreneurs Parent Feeback Summer 2019.pdf
- OG Entrepreneurs Challenge Letter to Children & Staff.pdf
- OG Entrepreneurs Challenge Letter to Parents & Governors.pdf
Over this academic year we are planning three Learning Adventures with the whole school adventure taking place in summer 2018. The three adventures will be;
- Autumn 2017: English learning Adventure we focused on Inspiring a Love of Reading
You can read more by opening or downloading our eBook about the week. You can look at some pupil outcomes from across the school. Reading Learning Adventure Autumn 2017 eBook of outcomes.pdf
- Spring 2018: PE & PSHE Learning Adventure "Active Kids" focused on pupil wellbeing.
You can read more about our spring learning adventure by looking at our plans for the week. We will also upload pupil outcomes after the event has finished! We look forward to an active and engaging week! Active Kids Learning Adventure Spring Term 2018.pdf
- Summer 2018: Whole School Learning Adventure celebrating OG@80 #80yearsmatter
- Challenge Letter to Parents & Governors for OG@80 4th May 2018.pdf
- Challenge Letter to Children & Staff for OG@80 4th May 2018.pdf
- At the end of our summer learning adventure we have a special school open day so that everyone can come and see the outcomes of our learning adventure ! See our open invitation to the open day here... 80th Celebrations Invitation 2018.pdf
- Challenge Letter to Children & Staff.pdf
- Challenge Letter to Parents & Governors.pdf
- Learning Adventure 2017 Invitation Letter to Parents & Governors.pdf
- Presentation to Parents & VIPs Fri 3rd March 2017.pdf
- visit our gallery section to see some amazing photographs of the adventure in action!
Summer 2017 - In the summer we held a maths learning adventure aimed at supporting children to learn their timetables. We had three maths weeks over the year and this final learning adventure week enabled to show how much progress they had made with their timetables! Well done to all for learning their number facts! We had one Y6 child who could answer 60 questions in under a minute! WOW!
- Letter to Children re Olympics Learning Adventure.pdf
- Presentation to Parents on Fri 4th March 2016.pdf
- Parent Evaluation Outcomes.pdf
Summer Humanities Learning Adventure - The week was devoted to raising the profile of History, Geography and Religious Education with the culmination of the week a special day on which everyone came to school in traditional dress, colours or outfits that represented their background, their family history, their culture or faith. It was a brilliant day with some amazing outfits to celebrate our diversity!
Summer Term Health & Fitness Week - A week of learning about healthy eating and exercise which culminated in a whole school morning fitness session at 8.50am. We had staff, parents and children all taking part in a 10minute fitness fun session in the playground. Each year group led a routine to get our heart rates pumping faster!