Committees & Governors' Responsibilities
Board of Governors committees generally meet once a term and look at aspects of school governance in more detail than we do in Full Board meetings. Each committee elects a convenor (chair) with the clerk taking minutes. Committees make recommendations or take decisions, which the convenor presents to the next Full Board of Governors meeting to be ratified. For example, the Finance Committee reviews the school’s budget, but this has to be approved by the whole Board of Governors.
The Board decides what committees are needed, and writes their terms of reference, which defines what aspects of school governance the committee is responsible for.
The Board often asks a committee to look at a subject in more detail – for example, to review a proposed change to the school’s staffing structure or to review a school policy.
Finance, Premises and Staffing Committee
The Finance, Premises and Staffing Committee sets the school budget (how we spend the money allocated to us), monitors the budget throughout the year and ensures that the school spends its money effectively and prudently.
- Chair: Mr Nick Rozanski
- Clerk: Ms Jo Sattaur
- Members: Mrs Dipti Babhania, Mr Wajid Bokhari, Mr Colin Clifford, Mr Dave Cooper, Mrs Zakiya Dean, Mrs Hannah Panayiotou, Mr James Simmons, Mr Dennis Varcoe, Mrs Jane Palmer, Mr Naim Hassani, Mr Hemal Davda, Mr Himesh Patel & Mr Omar Iqbal
Curriculum, Standards and Pupils Committee
The Curriculum, Standards and Pupils Committee deals with the way the school delivers the National Curriculum, targets and achievement, teaching initiatives and specific areas such as religious education and sex & relationships education.
- Chair: Mrs Jane Palmer
- Clerk: Ms Jo Sattaur
- Members: Mr Wajid Bokhari, Mr Dave Cooper, Ms Zakiya Dean, Mrs Annette McAndrew, Ms Mary-Jo McGrath, Ms Hannah Panayiotou, Mr James Simmons, Ms Petra Wilson & Mr Crawford.
Panels and Working Groups
Pay Review Panel
- Members: Mr Dave Cooper, Mr Nick Rozanski, Dennis Varcoe
Pupil Disciplinary Panel
- Members: Mr Nick Rozanski, Mr Dennis Varcoe & Jane Palmer
Complaints, Appeals and Exclusions Panel
- Members: Mr Nick Rozanski, Mr Dennis Varcoe & Mrs Jane Palmer
Headteacher’s Performance Management Panel
- Members: Ms Hannah Panayiotou, Mrs Jane Palmer & Mrs Petra Wilson
Effective Governance Working Group
- Members: Mrs Jane Palmer, Ms Hannah Panayiotou, Mr Nick Rozanski, Mr Dave Cooper, Mrs Mary-Jo McGrath & Mrs Zakiya Dean
Policies Working Group
- Members: Mr Dave Cooper, Mr Wajid Bokhari, Mr Colin Clifford, , Mr Dennis Varcoe, Mr Crawford & Mr Nick Rozanski
Site Development & Refurbishment Working Group
- Members: agreed as needed
Governors focus on specific aspects of the school or on the education it provides to our children. Our governors visit the school to review the way it carries out its responsibilities, and will be involved in the formulation and review of policies and plans for that area. Governor responsibilities are assigned annually by the Governing Board.
- CP & Safeguarding - Hannah Panayiotou, Nick Rozanski & Hemal Davda
- Health & Safety - Dave Cooper, Colin Clifford & Omar Iqbal
- Driving Standards - Jane Palmer
- Pupil Progress/Inclusion - Petra Wilson & Mary-Jo McGrath
- Governor Monitoring - Ramzey Crawford
- Governor Training & Development - Dipti Babhania
- GDPR - Nick Rozanski
- Language Faculty - Petra Wilson
- Maths Faculty - Himesh Patel
- EYFS Faculty - Jane Palmer
- Humanities Faculty - Omar Iqbal
- Science Faculty - Omar Iqbal
- Computing Faculty - Omar Iqbal
- PE & Sports Faculty - Dennis Varcoe
- PSHE & Well-Being Faculty - Naim Hassani
- The Arts Faculty - Dave Cooper
- Pupil Voice, SMSC, School Council, British Values & Collective Worship - Ellie Southwood
Whilst three governors are linked to safeguarding, the board is clear that "safeguarding is everyone's responsibility" and for that reason, all governors are linked to areas of safeguarding so the full board has a strong strategic overview of safeguarding.
If you would like a paper copy of any information found on the website, please contact the school office.