Home Learning Resources During School Closure 2020
From Monday 20th April we launched weekly plans to support families with home learning.
Each day there will be a maths, English and one other activity related to other subject areas. Activities will help children to revisit and practice past skills as well as introduce them to new things we would have been doing at OGPS in the summer term.
Whilst we are putting the weekly plan into a suggested timetable, families should change and adapt this as much as they want to fit with their own family circumstances. Please just do your best and don't put too much pressure on yourselves - most importantly, we want to have happy parents and children!
We DO NOT EXPECT families to complete every single activity - it is up to each family to decide what is practical and achievable for them. All we can ask is that you do your best given your situation. We DO NOT EXPECT you to send work back to us.
Each weekly plan will be made available on the Friday before that week begins - we will email all the links to you!
You can click the following links to see ALL the plans for ALL year groups. By putting things in one place, we hope we are making it easier for parents and children to find! (Each link will be activated by end of the Friday before it)
- Week 1 Beginning Mon 20th April 2020 (link live from 17/4/20 by 4pm)
- Week 2 Beginning Mon 27th April 2020 (link live from 24/4/20 by 4pm)
- Week 3 Beginning Mon 4th May 2020 (link live from 1/5/20 by 4pm)
- Ideas and resources to learn about VE Day for Fri 8th May 2020 (link from 1/5/20 4pm)
- Week 4 Beginning Mon 11th May 2020 (link live from 8/5/20 by 4pm)
- Week 5 Beginning Mon 18th May 2020 (link live from 15/5/20 by 4pm)
- HALF TERM Beginning Mon 25th June - this will be half term week so we will not be setting formal learning for children that week. We will send some resources for some suggested activities to help you stay busy - only use them if you want to. All we ask is that you keep up reading at home during this time. Children do need to take breaks from their home learning, You can always explore the BBC and Oak Academy resources for which the links are below.
Don't forget the Brent Music Service offer.... BMS Music Lessons At Home FLYER April 2020.pdf
The Department for Education have released a list of useful sites and resources, you can find it online by clicking the link below;
Also, from Mon 20th April, the BBC are launching a BRAND NEW educational resources to support children at home. They will be available on line, on TV and using the red button on your TV. We will signpost really great resources for you once we have had a chance to see them ourselves.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zn9447h (this is an article about their service)
CONTACTING CLASS TEACHERS
Parents have been emailed details of how to email class teachers. You can find them in newsletter edition number 102 Friday 15th May 2020.
PAST HOME LEARNING RESOURCES ALREADY SENT HOME....
Part Three (Fri 3rd Feb 2020 - Not home learning - but ideas for the Easter break if you need them...
- BMS Music Lessons At Home FLYER April 2020.pdf
- Holiday Activity Newsletter Easter 2020 from Ealing with lots of good ideas.pdf
- https://www.tts-group.co.uk/home+learning+activities.html (activity booklets to download as well as answers to download)
Part Two (Fri 27th March 2020)
- OGPS Distance Learning Part 2.pdf
- temporary school timetable suggestion.pdf
- Premier League Activity Sheets for KS1/2
- Learning Packs for Each Year Group - with thanks to Classroom Secrets for making them available to schools
- Please note - if you cannot print them out, get children to complete the work on paper - try and save on as much printing as you can!
- More resources are available in for Nursery and Reception in their year group/class area - they will also be emailed to parents
- Copies of resources are also in each year group/class area
Part One (Thurs 19th March 2020)