Our vision is to raise standards in history, geography and R.E across the school. We want our pupils to acquire fundamental skills and knowledge in these subjects. Pupils will feel confident and proud of their identity and celebrate the cultural diversity of our school. Through study and activities the aims are:
For pupils to acquire fundamental knowledge of significant historical events, places and people, including those who have contributed to national and international achievements.
- To explore other cultures and traditions and to develop a wider interest in other people and their lives.
- To celebrate the cultural diversity of our school.
- To promote collaboration through partnerships and to gain knowledge and understanding through different curriculum projects.
- For pupils to feel confident and proud of their identity.
- For pupils to have an understanding of their own locality, Britain, Europe and the wider world.
- For pupils to understand the role of the UN with regards to respecting the rights of children across the world.
- For pupils to develop their understanding of what it means to be a good citizen and how to make a positive contribution to society.
See our Learning Journey information to parents for further information.